Customer service and customer relations are two terms that people use interchangeably. However, good customer relations stem from good customer service. If your client is happy and satisfied with your work and response, then it is a sure way to not only grow your business, but maintain a lasting customer relationship.
Customer Relations is a very important aspect of every company. Customers are what allows you to get a paycheck every month, thus it is key to make sure that these people are at the top of your priority list.
- A few tips on building strong customer relationships:
- Your customers are human beings too, treat them like humans/friends, and not just a business deal
- The customer is always right (okay this isn’t always true, but catering to their every need is a must)
- Always go out of your way to give each customer individualized attention (each customer is different and has different needs – cater to them individually)
- Communicate with your clients (speak with them more often, and listen to their problems)
The practiced art of communication coupled with patience and understanding is the sure shot way to provide great customer service. When great customer service is provided, a trust is built between you and your client. This trust is the basis of a good customer relation. It is the further development that with strengthen the customer bond.
A strong customer relationship is profitable for both the company and the patron. With satisfied and happy patrons, come recommendations, free [word of mouth] marketing, and increased business. So what are you waiting for, if there is a customer you know needs a little push in the right direction, call them up. Talk to them, understand what is going through their mind, and help them out in any way possible. Show them that you value them as a customer and want to build a lasting customer relation.